Meet Dr. Matunas
Since 1975, Dr. John C. Matunas has been skillfully creating beautiful smiles for children and adults. Dr. Matunas was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois. He attended dental school at Loyola University of Chicago and received his Certificate of Orthodontics from the University of Illinois.
Dr. Matunas is also an affiliate faculty member of Idaho State University teaching orthodontics to the doctors enrolled in the ISU general practice residency. Dr. Matunas has given lectures and presentations to various groups throughout his career.
Dr. Matunas and his wife, Deb, enjoy spending time with their son, Ryan. Dr. Matunas is an avid outdoorsman and has coached basketball for many years. He enjoys downhill skiing, fly fishing, and traveling through the great state of Idaho!
Dr. Matunas is an active member in many organizations including:
- American Association of Orthodontics
- American Dental Association
- Idaho State Dental Association
- Idaho State Orthodontic Society (Past President)
- National Dental Practice-Based Research Network (Learn More)
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
- Southwest Idaho District Dentist Society (Past Secretary/Treasurer)
- The World Federation of Orthodontists
- Current President of Idaho Dental Foundation
- Board Member, Children's Free Dental Clinic
- Fellow of the International College of Dentists